CINNAMON CEYLON ORGANIC POWDER
What is cinnamon ceylon organic powder?
Ceylon cinnamon [lat. Cinnamomum verum], or real cinnamon, is the most valuable of the cinnamon varieties. Although there are other varieties on the market, Cinnamomum cassia, or Chinese cinnamon, is the most common, Ceylon cinnamon is of first-class quality. According to the literature, cinnamon is probably one of the oldest spices known to mankind. Archaeologists confirm that it was known as early as 4000 BC, and the first mentions of this spice were found in a Chinese book on herbs from 2700 BC. Original ceylon cinnamon comes from two extremely sunny islands – Ceylon and Madagascar. This spice is obtained from the bark of ceylon cinnamon – an evergreen tree that can reach up to 10 meters in height.
Cinnamon ceylon organic powder in the kitchen
Cinnamon ceylon is an essential ingredient in many dishes thanks to its unique aroma. We are convinced that cinnamon is associated with the Christmas season, aromatic pastries and a cozy home atmosphere to everyone, regardless of age. This is the basic use of cinnamon – it enriches the taste of many sweet desserts, cakes and baked apples. It owes its characteristic, sweet and spicy flavor and aroma to the content of cinnamon oil, which is also widely used on its own. It is worth knowing that cinnamon (in various varieties) is the only spice in the world that is obtained from the bark of a plant, which is dried in the sun after preliminary treatment and sold either in the form of a powder or in the so-called cinnamon sticks. Although cinnamon is associated with sweets in European cuisine, it is commonly used in salty and spicy dishes in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
We should store it in tight, closed packages. It is because of this point that each of our spice packaging has a zipper for easy closing and opening. In the case of Ceylon cinnamon in a regular foil, not only will it lose its beautiful aroma very quickly after opening, but it can also easily spill out of the packaging, e.g. in a drawer or cupboard. We care about your comfort!
To unleash the full flavor and aroma of Ceylon cinnamon and retain as much of its properties as possible, it’s best to add it to your dishes at the very end of cooking.
We can season with cinnamon
- any sweet pastries
- cereal coffees / cocoa
- baked vegetables – carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkins
- baked apples
- due to the content of appropriate ingredients, ceylon cinnamon accelerates metabolism and supports weight loss – so it is recommended for people who want to get rid of unnecessary kilograms.
- the cinnamon oil contained in the cinnamon bark facilitates digestion and is a very good remedy for indigestion, diarrhea and other stomach problems.
- it helps to maintain the correct level of sugar in the blood and that is why it is recommended as an extremely valuable addition to the diet of diabetics.
- when used regularly, it lowers the level of the so-called bad cholesterol, which reduces the risk of atherosclerosis.
- due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it supports the body’s natural immunity and helps fight infections.