HERB ROBERT (geranium robertianum) ORGANIC
What is herb robert?
Herb robert can be use for a bath, it may has an astringent effect. It improves the condition of the skin and soothes irritations. Baths are recommended for people with sensitive skin. Formerly it was used for vitiligo. Geranium robertianum is a valuable medicinal plant. It has anti-haemorrhagic, anti-diarrheal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. When added to the bath, it has relaxing, soothing and toning properties on skin irritations. It is commonly used for albinism.
The herb includes, among others, tannins, essential oil, phenolic acids, flavonoids. In addition, malic acid, citric acid and vitamin C.
- may shows antiseptic, antioxidant, astringent, anti-inflammatory and anti-diarrheal effects.
- one of the most important properties of a herb robert is to help stop bleeding
- it may be bactericidal and antiviral.
- it works well as a product supporting the treatment of skin diseases (including seborrheic dermatitis).
- is used in treatment of vitiligo for years,
- it is likely that this plant contributes to the reduction of blood glucose levels.
- it helps to protect the skin against the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
- The most popular way of serving is of course the infusion, which can also be used to prepare compresses
It is important to keep the proportion that 1 cup of boiling water is used for 1 tablespoon of herb.
The infusion is brewed, covered, for about 15 minutes. If we intend to consume the prepared drink orally, then it is recommended to drink a glass of the infusion three times a day.
- It cannot be ignored that the geranium can be used as an inhalation agent, because it contains essential oil.
- A decoction can also be made from a fetid geranium. To do this, pour 2 tablespoons of the herb with a glass of boiling water and simmer for 10-20 minutes. After cooling down, strain it and drink it 2 times a day.
- An interesting solution may be baths in an infusion of a fetid geranium. They can help to improve the condition of the skin and soothe irritation.
- Other ways to use a geranium is to prepare a tincture – the recommended ratio is 1 part herb to two parts spirits (preferably 70%).